Purchasing/Inventory Control Specialist
Job Location: Kalispell, MT
Hiring Organization: Fun Beverage Inc.
Posted on: 06/09/2021
Pay: $16 - $20
Employment Type: Full Time
ATS Identifier: Kalispell Purchasing/Inventory Control Specialist
- Minimum of 1 year experience as Inventory Control / Purchasing
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office
High School Diploma or Equivalent (GED)
Salary Range: $16-$20 DOE
Status: Regular Full Time
Shift: 5 day work week
SUMMARY: Primary mission is accurately order product at the right time and in the correct quantities to meet sales demands. Performs all duties and responsibilities related to purchasing and replenishment of assigned items sold in compliance with inventory control guidelines including days of supply, receiving, rotation, date code compliance. Accurately monitors and manages inventory in warehouse and updates electronic data bases. Processes orders from Sales Team for delivery preparation. Receives and responds to on-going feedback and communication with Sales regarding status of product.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Forecasts and places orders for assigned beer, wine, and N/A Supplier product in compliance with Company policies and procedures.
- Uploads forecasts and downloads orders at various supplier sites
- Inputs purchase orders into eoStar Purchase module and updates as changes happen.
- Tracks availability and inventory of seasonal items for Sales
- Communicates with sales department and customers on incoming products and special orders as needed.
- Corresponds with Sales regarding new items and special orders
- Resolves discrepancies with order acknowledgements & inventory
- Initiate and document special order repackaged beer when needed or requested by Sales leadership.
- Reviews lost sales reports & revises orders
- Schedules shipping and receiving dock times and posts daily in warehouse
- Prints incoming freight scan audits, verifies BOL’s, researches discrepancies and inputs into EoStar
- Corresponds with freight forwarders on incoming imported product and exported empty kegs returns.
- Communicates and coordinates with trucking companies regarding loads, dock times and freight rates.
- Consolidate new orders (beer, wine, N/A) into truckloads and assign carriers for each area weekly with cost effectiveness a priority.
- Corresponds and coordinates with suppliers and distributors regarding product transfers
- Negotiates carrier rates on full loads and LTL shipments.
- Schedules full loads and partial loads with suppliers and distributors to ensure cost efficiency
- Enter and update ETAs on receiving calendar in eoStar
- Place orders via Supplier Portal and/or excel entry
- eoStar entry of expected receipts.
- Purchase order tracking input into eoStar for ETA accuracy and updates
- Verifies daily incoming Bills of Lading against receipts in Purchase module, tracking wine vintage changes and recording in eoStar
- Prints inventory and purchase orders not received for Kim to order wine.
Performs the following daily, weekly, monthly activities for assigned products:
- Change quantities to orders on flow sheet and review for out of stock situations; as in cuts or additions made by supplier systems weekly.
- Maintain forecasts in supplier systems as needed to insure proper inventory flow as needed, focusing on 3 months out for production planning at brewery level.
- Maintain product and dunnage transfers to facilitate proper inventory and receive credits as needed.
- Maintain Distributor Cross Reference in supplier systems as needed.
- Track production and promotion schedules for all products to avoid missing opportunities.
- Order imports 4 months out tracking promo months to get the best price keeping below 40 days current inventory.
- Records and documents all materials, products or items received per inventory control procedures.
- Enforces and complies with all Company inventory control procedures and policies
- Processes orders from Sales Team into warehouse pick sheets
- Maintain and communicate allocated items in eoStar
- Performs beer, wine and NA inventory cycle counts and complete warehouse product inventories
- Works with Warehouse Operations Manager to reconcile and verify physical inventory to computer count.
- Performs inventories as required by the Warehouse Operations Manager.
- Inputs and maintain UPC’S
- Updates, corrects UPC codes in computer as noted by warehouse and inform sales coordinator.
- Helps to dispose of problem packages by selling to other distributors or returning to breweries and coordinates these returns
- Tracks close code product and takes proactive action to minimizes loss
- Monitors order fill ratio, lost sales reports, cut reports, No UPC reports, Beer Code Date reports, Inventory cannot sell reports, and communicates with Sales leadership product status daily.
- Identify, document, coordinate expedited returns of misordered or mishipped product.
- Orders repack supplies
- Schedules and coordinates brewery cooperage returns
- Cooperage compound coordination with warehouse, trucking and suppliers to return empties.
- Prepares bills of lading and required documentation for all shipping of pallets, cooperage, distributor transfers and outgoing freight.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Demonstrates expanded conceptual knowledge in own discipline and broadens capabilities
- Fill in on vacations for other personnel as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the VP Operations.
- Corresponds with office personnel concerning daily business
- Communicates with Sales leadership and Warehouse personnel daily, for coordination of ordering, warehousing and inventory control activities.
- Understands key business drivers; uses this understanding to accomplish own work
- Explains complex information to others in straightforward situations
- Highly Effective Communication Skills
- No supervisory responsibilities but provides informal guidance to new team members
- Solves problems in straightforward situations; analyzes possible solutions using technical experience and judgment and precedents
Impacts quality of own work and the work of others on the team; works within guidelines and policies
Fun Beverage is committed to a healthy and safe work environment. Fun Beverage provides all employees with reusable face coverings, hand sanitizer, gloves, and any other personal protection that may be required or requested.
Mask and social distancing are mandatory inside of the Fun Beverage facility for unvaccinated employees.
Please submit application and upload resume through our website, or feel free to email both directly to our Hiring Team: email@example.com